Troop of GM’s at The Orange County Pancake Breakfast


March 23rd, 2025 was the 62nd Annual Orange County Pancake Breakfast.  It was hosted by the Orange County chapter of the Model A Ford Club of America, but all models of antique, collectors, and hot rodded cars, motorcycles, and even bicycles transported people to the event. I recognized five Grease Monkey Founders in attendance, although I’m sure that was just the tip of the banana.

I was hoping that some of those members who were the inspiration for the fraternity would drive their cars to the show—I’ve missed their progress with car restoration since I finished the Palomar Auto Tech certificate in December—it’s understood that the projects that inspired their own enrollment continue to be unfinished and they didn’t want to admit defeat by driving a modern car.  Hopefully we can lend each other a hand and next year will be the start of their regular attendance.

Those of us with several cars had no need for such admissions and were just slowed deciding which car to drive. The next anticipated event is the Central California Regional Group’s 2025 Jamboree from April 3 through 5 in Visalia at the Wyndham. Due to the more centralized location, the troop should be even larger.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Artificial Intelligence to Write Articles for me

Generous Mechanics not Front Page News

Potential Goals for Active Grease Monkey Group