Grease Monkey Founder, Bill Bennett, Passes

 

William J Bennett Jan 28,1960 Feb 3, 2025



The Grease Monkeys suffered a great loss with the death of Bill Bennett. A lifelong resident of Visalia, Bill worked on old Fords since he was 11 years old, and was the master mechanic, Grease Monkey selection of the Charter Oak A’s.

He was the head mechanic for the Blain Motorsports Foundation, restoring and preserving pre-World War I race cars. He was also a major part of the success of the Ragtime Racers organizing races and swap meets for those cars.

Daughter Katrina says what we all feel, “He was the one I called when the car was making a funny noise. He was the one who would drop everything to always answer when I called no matter what.“

Bill is survived by wife Shiela, children Mark (Taiko) Bennett and Katrina (Chris) Studer and a granddaughter.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Using Artificial Intelligence to Write Articles for me

Generous Mechanics not Front Page News

Potential Goals for Active Grease Monkey Group